Skibound is part of the Travelopia group. Travelopia is a pioneer in the specialist travel sector, with a portfolio of more than 50 independently operated brands, most of which are leaders in their sector. Sailing adventures, safaris, sports tours, Arctic expeditions – our brands are as diverse as they are exciting, creating unforgettable experiences for customers across the world.
We are looking for a talented MVC / ASP.NET C# developer to join our Brighton team building a key business application and self-service website for our school travel businesses in the UK, USA and Canada.
You will work closely with the business staff to identify their needs and design and build the best solutions for them. You’ll need to understand their business models and working practices, which may include the opportunity to visit the North American offices or even try your hand working as a tour guide.
You will beworking with our Education brands: Travelbound, Skibound and World Challenge in the UK and Brightspark, Jumpstreet and Educatours in North America.
- Experience with C# ASP.NET MVC and EF, or similar framework (e.g. Rails, Django, Zend, Symfony).
- Confident with modern front end technologies – HTML5, AJAX, jQuery, responsive CSS3 and Less/Sass.
- Good knowledge of database design using SQL Server and LINQ.
- Experience writing unit and integration tests, including structuring code to be testable.
- Familiar with a collaborative, Agile approach.
- Experience working in a team using peer review, per-issue branches and continuous integration.
- Self-motivated with good attention to detail and a desire to get the job done.
- The ability to prioritize and execute tasks and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Strong technical analysis and problem solving skills.
- The ability to think strategically and act tactically.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
up to 42,000
Working with us
Join us and in return you’ll be rewarded with:
- Various employee discounts and offers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days holiday a year, plus bank holidays, increasing with service
- Cycle to work scheme
- Casual dress code
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Career progression opportunities
Please note that for all benefits, details were accurate as at the date of publication. Any changes will be notified to you upon your start with the Company.