Here at 15gifts, we’re obsessed with the psychology of choosing. Studying the key elements that drive people to make confident choices on the high-street, and bringing those qualities into the digital world through intelligent decision-engine technology.
Today we power thousands of confident consumer choices every day across some of the largest brands in the UK including O2, Virgin Media, EE, Sky, BT, Three and The Times. With every engine interaction, we’re learning more about customers, gathering insights and powering more and more accurate recommendations.
We’re on a mission to see how close our technology can get to offering the same level of service online as you receive from a brilliant high-street assistant. Our decision engines are already live across some of the largest brands in the UK and are expanding to markets around the globe. We are looking for a developer to join us as our business expands to partners around the world.
- 5+ years experience with NodeJs or Python with a desire to learn either.
- Experience of developing with REST APIs or other programmatic interfaces to apps or devices.
- Experience architecting and contributing to solution design.
- Database experience with mySQL and NoSQL.
- Experience building scalable web services and applications.
- Ability to quickly learn new languages, tools and libraries.
- Familiarity with Linux and cloud services.
- Experience with security measures in backend systems.
- Experience of working in an Agile development process (e.g. SCRUM).
- Knowledge and desire to mentor junior members of the development team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
40-50k depending on experience
What We’re Offering
- A fun and creative working environment.
- The opportunity to be responsible for a key aspect of the business – driving a real impact and seeing your work used by thousands of people every day.
- The chance to join a company at an incredibly exciting time of growth.
- Working with some of the largest companies in the UK, including Sky, EE, The Times and Virgin.
- Input into all aspects of the business.
- 33 days holiday (incl bank holidays).
- Your birthdays off work.
- Fresh fruit, beers and regular social events.
- The occasional office dog visit.