Established in 2007, Spabreaks.com made an immediate name within the travel sector and quickly became Europe’s leading Spa Travel Agency. Having opened with just 2 staff and 25 UK based venues we have been on a rollercoaster journey and have now grown to a team of 100, working with over 1000 of the world’s leading spa hotels. We send away over 6000 travellers each week, have won multiple industry awards, and are now a multi-site operation with offices in London and Brighton… and we are just getting started!
What makes us unique? Our people. Our employees are the life of our business and by joining our incredible tech team you will become part of the most talented, ambitious passionate, collaborative and entrepreneurial team in travel as we continue to make huge waves in the market and further our position as Europe’s leading Spa travel company.
About the Role
As a backend developer for Spabreaks.com and The Palatinate Group you will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of exciting projects which will be instrumental in the growth of our group of companies. You will have the opportunity to also work on projects for some of our other brands which include Spabreaks.com and OutofOffice.
Our team is not just passionate about software development, we are also passionate about personal development and as part of our team you will be encouraged to learn and develop your coding knowledge and gain experience with new languages and will even be able to spend Friday afternoons on non-project work and personal training and development projects.
Our team’s mission is to create the best possible online experience for purchasing travel products, ensuring that our customers have an unrivalled experience from the moment they first visit one of our sites to the moment they return from their travels.
- Write software in Ruby and Go
- Collaborate on design of systems
- Improve the maintainability and reliability of our software
- Investigate and troubleshoot production issues with minimal hand holding
- Follow the team’s best practices in test-driven development, pair programming, architecture and domain-driven design
- Participate in code reviews
- An expert at OO programming
- Experienced with domain modelling
- A TDD practitioner
- An excellent pair programmer
- Pragmatic and able to collaborate with our internal customers to make sure we’re always working on the right things
- Experienced at mentoring members of a team and imparting knowledge
- Able to work with the design of systems ‘in the large’ through designing APIs and protocols to connect our systems together
40,000 to 60,000 depending on experience