Senior Front-End Developer
advice, info and support on work, learning and life’s ups and downs.
TSR Labs will continue our quest by taking global-scale growth concepts to market, that deliver on our vision of ensuring that students get the best possible
support in life.
We are now building the team to quickly develop and market the first of these – a transformative global platform that will help students and academic institutions take a radical new approach to improving student engagement and well being. A subject we are extremely passionate about.
This is an exciting green-field opportunity to play a key role in building a ground-breaking product that will deliver significant social benefit, using the very
latest technologies. You will be amongst the first members of a new fast-growing team, working in a start-up environment.
We have quickly gained momentum, including from our Steering Group of six Deputy Vice Chancellors and Pro Vice Chancellors from a range of the UK’s leading universities.
We will be piloting at increasing scale with our development partner universities this academic year whilst we prepare for full commercial piloting and launch.
Working as a key member of our front-end development team, this is an entrepreneurial role with responsibility for rapidly developing a brand new world class
React.js Single Page Application for clients and React Native (Android and iOS) mobile application for students.
You will work closely with our graphic designers, back-end developers, subject matter experts, and our Product Manager, whilst being inspired by feedback from pioneer clients and students.
What does success in 6 months look like?
• You and the team will have successfully built from scratch the front-end of both the Client SPA and Student PWA.
• You will have worked with the back-end developers to create and optimise the design of the API that the front-end will communicate with.
• The front-end will have evolved significantly based on the needs of our pilot clients and student feedback.
• The founding team you work with will run as an efficient and highly productive unit.
• You will work in a supportive manner with other team members and provide them with the support and coaching for them to grow.
We are looking for a Senior Front-End Developer to play a central role in building the front-end of our platform; designing, planning and ensuring the best
technologies and tools are used for the job. Working in conjunction with graphic designers, you will create beautiful app and web experiences.
You will be passionate and driven, unafraid to try new things and learn fast. You will be a team player who knows that we can only be our best if we all
support and challenge each other in equal measures. You will love questioning the status quo and be excited by the opportunity to quickly move mountains
and help students globally.
• Proficiency with React/React Native
• Single Page App experience
• Progressive Web App experience
• A real passion for UI/UX and good attention to detail
• Graphing/data representation experience
• Good partner management and communication skills
• The ability to provide technical leadership
Working at TSR – Benefits
• Competitive salary
• Generous approach to holidays
• Flexible working hours and arrangements
• Group Life insurance
• Generous pension scheme
• Private healthcare
• Childcare vouchers
• Cycle to work Scheme
The Student Room is dedicated to providing an inclusive working
environment that encourages diversity and equal opportunities for all. We
are committed to supporting a team that is representative of a variety of
backgrounds, perspectives and skills.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter (including your salary
expectation) and your current CV to [email protected]